What We Believe
The following is a summary of what we believe in on a number of key issues.
- We submit in matters of conscience to no authority but that which is claimed by the Holy Scriptures, which as inspired of God we regard as the only and sufficient rule of faith and practice.
- The Church is called “Waterford House Evangelical Free Church.” Maintaining:
- The unity of the Godhead and the divine co-equality of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- The Sovereignty of God in Creation, Providence and Redemption.
- Eternal and Personal Election.
- Original Sin.
- Particular Redemption.
- Free Justification by the imputed righteousness of Christ.
- Regeneration, Conversion and Sanctification by the Spirit and the Grace of God.
- The Moral Law as a rule of life and conduct to all believers.
- The Final Perseverance of the Saints.
- The Resurrection of the Body to Eternal Life.
- The Future Judgement.
- The Eternal Happiness of the Righteous and the Everlasting Misery of such as die impenitent.
- The necessity of Repentance and Faith to the attainment of Redemption.
- The ordinances of Baptism and the Lord’s Supper as being instituted by our Lord Jesus Christ, but not in Baptism as conveying regenerating grace, nor in the Lord’s Supper as being a sacrifice for sin or involving any change in the bread or wine. Administering Baptism to such only as are of understanding upon their own confession and evidence of repentance towards God and faith in our Lord Jesus Christ.
- The personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ in Glory.